Monday, October 31, 2011

This ain't a fairytale...

There have just been a few events lately (hope you notice the sarcasm there) that help me realize that life isn't perfect and that I can't just allow myself to be a damsel in distress.  I need to stand my ground and face a future where my problems won't be solved by a knight in shining armor and his "white horse" galloping into view.  Although I am a divine princess, that doesn't mean happily ever after is right around the corner or that true love or love at first sight will pop up at what I consider to be the theatrical, most opportune moment.  There is no guarantee that I will be swept off my feet.  I need to learn to say no and to be by myself.  I can be stronger.


White Horse by Taylor Swift



A Little Bit Stronger by Sara Evans

1 comment:

  1. You are right. Usually life doesn't turn out how we have planned it, but it turns out ok and oftentimes great. Good for you for recognizing you aren't a damsel in distress! Even though I do have my prince charming, I still live my life and have to deal with my own problems. It would be easiest if someone else could tell me what to do, but sometimes/usually we all just have to girl-power up and follow our instincts, our hearts, and the Spirit.

    ReplyDelete