Thursday, October 6, 2011

Ballroom Bliss

I DID IT!!!!  I competed in Ballroom at BYU and made it to the semi-finals!  And then to the finals!  And finished with 4th place!!!!

It has been a far off dream of mine to be on the Ballroom Dance Team at BYU and time was always lacking to even pursue the dream.  But this semester I enrolled in Dance 184, Standard Beginning Ballroom.  We had a mock Dancesport event, and my partner and I waltzed our way into 4th place out of 76 couples!  Honestly, I was shocked.  I thought we had been cut by semi-finals, but I just missed our number in the new heat announcement and my partner pulled me out on to the dance floor.  In between heats, my teacher, Chelsie Wilde, would give us pointers about what to improve.  During the heat, I could hear Chelsie and my former roommate, Kim Acerson (also a teacher and member of the BYU Ballroom Tour team for years), cheering for us by name as we passed the teachers and announcer on the floor.  They cheered us into placing!

Not me.  This is Brock, Kim's last partner, in a BYU Ballroom Tour performance with other members of the team.
My first ballroom competition experience was a success.  Cross your fingers for the real Dancesport competition!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! That is great that you are still dancing. If only I could get Andrew to dance with me... ;)

    ReplyDelete